Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Come and join us for our Cherry Blossom Walking Festival in the beautiful Vall de Laguar with a variety of walks all starting from the village of Benimaurell. After developing an appetite, we will be eating lunch at the Hotel/restaurant Alahuar that overlooks Benimaurell with unrivalled views down to the Mediterranean.
There will be five walks of differing levels to satisfy most walkers these are as follows:
The three Moderately Strenuous walks (walks 1,2 and 3) will all start at 9.30am from the car park on right just before Bar Les Rogetes. On entering the village take first right (parking sign) and follow the road around the edge of the village in the direction of Alahuar Hotel. Co-ordinate: 38.773696, -0.1524815. After the walk, you can drive (or walk) up to the Hotel Alahuar at the top of the village.
1. Moderately Strenuous – Led by Jean Russell – ‘Snaking around the Upper Vall de Laguart.’ 10km 500mtrs height gain. This varied route includes a descent on little-used tracks down into the head of the Vall de Laguart. A steep 30-minute scramble (not for the faint-hearted) leads to a wide track. Varied trails take us via the Coll de Garga up on the western end of the Caballo Verde Ridge before heading down to the village. Spectacular views.
2. Moderately Strenuous – Led by Angie Elliot – ‘Caballo Verde Ridge.’ 11km 450mtrs height gain. A circular route to and along the ridge (from west to east) descending under Penyo Roig towards Fleix and back to Benimaurell.
3. Moderately strenuous – Led by John Male –‘Circular Fleix’. 9.5Km 480 mtrs ascent. 1000 steps down to drop into the Val Laguar for a banana break then a barranca to negotiate before climbing back up a different 1000 steps in time for lunch at the Hotel. A lot of the walk on Mozarabic trails with some exposure in parts. Lots to see and plenty of stops for photographs.
4. Moderate – Led by David Harbach – ‘Los tres pueblos’ Starting at 10.30am from The Hotel Alahuar. 9 Kms 320mtrs ascent. A circular walk visiting Campell and Fleix, a very pleasant walk and an excellent appetiser before lunch. Some stunning scenery.
5. Easy/Moderate – Led by Martin Dunkley – ‘A circuit from Benimaurell via Fleix – anti-clockwise’. 7.5km 230mtrs height gain. A circular walk from the Hotel Alahuar, starting at 10.30am. This is a very pleasant walk with wonderful views. Although defined as easy/moderate being only 2 hours and 230 mtrs of height gain, there is a steep middle section, which will be taken at a slow pace with plenty of stops for rest.
Alahuar Restaurant Lunch- from 2.30pm
A lunch has been arranged for walkers who are attending the Spring Festival, the menu is outlined below. The cost will be 16€ including tip.
Please note that in order to assist us with our planning we ask everyone who is intending to walk, regardless of whether or not you are wanting to book in for lunch, to let us know by clicking on the link below. This will also allow you to choose your menu options for the lunch. THIS MUST BE RETURNED BY 25 MARCH AT LATEST.
Once ordered please regard this as a commitment even if the weather stops the walks taking place, we will still enjoy a lunch together.
Menú del Día
- Ensalada con Pimientos Asados, Ventresca y Queso Fresco.
(Roasted Pepper, Tuna Belly and Fresh Cheese Salad)
- Salteado de Sepia sobre Crema Árabe de Guisantes y Chips de Tubérculos.
(Sauteed Cuttlefish on Arabic Pea Cream with Root Vegetable Crisps.)
- Crema de Calabaza con Manzana, Bacon y Avellanas.
(Pumpkin Soup with Apple, Bacon and Hazelnuts.)
- Croquetas de Morcilla y Boletus con Mahonesa de Curry.
(Black Pudding and Boletus Croquettes with Curry Mayonnaise.)
- Lasaña de Pato Confitado con Berenjena y Manzana.
(Candied Duck Lasagne with Aubergine and Apple.)
- Chuletas de Cordero con Chutney de Pera y Gengibre.
(Lamb Chops with Pear and Ginger Chutney.)
- Lomo de Atún a la Plancha con Soja y Wassabi.
(Grilled Tuna Loin with Soy Sauce and Wasabi.)
- Codillo de Cerdo al Horno.
(Pork Knuckle – Joint.)
- Arroz del Día.
(Rice of the Day.)
- Pan de Calatrava.
(Calatrava Bread Pudding.)
- Naranja Flambeada con Aceite de Menta.
(Orange Flambé with Peppermint Oil.)
- Tarta de Chocolate.
- Fruta del Tiempo.
El Menú incluye: Pan, Tomate y “All i Oli”, Agua Mineral, Cerveza de Barril vino de la Casa.